Anyone who has visited their local farmers’ markets, cafes, restaurants or protein shops has probably seen CBD products pop up. No matter who you are, it seems this little substance has cropped up just about everywhere from booming metropolitan areas to the countryside. The labels of these products tout just about every and any health benefit: anti-anxiety, stress relief, better sleep, reduced chronic pain and higher creativity. Little do most people know, delicious CBD-infused foods and drinks can be made at home for a fraction of the cost. Just by adding a few drops of highly concentrated oil, almost any food product can become a healthy CBD treat. Here is one of the simplest and most popular CBD gummy recipes.
Raspberry CBD GummiesFor this perfect summer treat, you will need a blender, squishy gummy mold, and a digital thermometer for precision. Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh raspberry
- 1/2 cup of filtered water
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite herbal tea, such as chamomile buds
- 8 teaspoons of Gelatin powder
- CBD extract
- In a blender or food processor, mix together the raspberry and herbal tea compound until they are well blended. Squeegee the mixture into a medium-sized bowl and set aside for later.
- In a saucepan, add water and pour the gelatin powder over the liquid. Let the mixture sit for 2 minutes. Then, stir it and put the heat on low-medium. It should begin to thicken. Stir the mixture constantly until it becomes liquified. Or, wait until the mixture reaches 165 degrees F.
- Slowly, pour the hot gelatinous water into the raspberry mixture and stir. Then, stir in the CBD extract.
- Fill your gummy mold with the mixture, then refrigerate for about half an hour. Later, remove the mixture from your fridge and store the gummies in an airtight, refrigerated container.